Tuesday, December 22, 2009

End of year update

This year has been crazy. Locus has gotten away from me--it's like a bucking bronco and I'm hanging on for dear life, I swear. I'm still behind on a few commissions, and I still haven't sent off free copies of issues Four and Five to the people who won them through donating to the comic. Hell, I haven't even checked my Paypal account to see who's won a free copy of Issue Five yet!



I'm sorry about that. Busy busy busy. Locus is more work than I've ever dealt with at once, and that includes the days when I was doing M/W/F updates for Kiss 4K while simultaneously holding down a 50-hour per week Day Job! I've turned down three other comic/graphic novel gigs this year, including one that I really was looking forward to. There just wasn't time! Locus is becoming my full-time job.



Anyway, Issue Six has just been submitted to Ka-Blam, and should be available on Indyplanet.com soon. I'll be spending the week after Christmas getting my shit in one sock (as my father-in-law likes to say) so I can make 2010 a great year for Locus fans.



One of the things I'm working on is cutting a whole issue out of the "Unveiled" storyline. It was originally going to run six issues, but it turns out I'm not the only one who has been missing Locus while this story's been running. So I'm considering rewriting the end so that issues Eight and Nine are compressed into one big finish. If I do it right, we'll get to see Locus two months earlier than previously planned, which is good. I've been sketching out new bad guys and new plot twists for months now, and it'll be good to get them out of my head and in front of your eyes sooner than expected.

The new story (which starts with Issue Nine) will have much more action and ass-kicking than Unveiled had, and that's because I've laid down most of the groundwork with Unveiled, which leaves me more room to write some action and horror. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

This is my last blog post before January (probably) so I wanna wish you guys a great holiday season. Whatever you're celebrating this time of year, I hope you have a great time.

And thanks for making this year so fucking awesome. It's been a lot of fun, despite all the bucking and hanging-on. Let's meet up and do it again next year, okay?

As Pinhead likes to say, "I have such sights to show you," and it all starts in March of 2010, once Unveiled is finished.

No comments: